Here’s a list of some things you may have missed on the internet if you weren’t paying attention. Bonus: They will keep you satisfied well into the weekend. Enjoy!
1. You can now stream Tim McGraw’s album, Sundown Heaven Town, for free ahead of its release next week on September 16th. Just head on over to iTunes and enjoy yourself. This is the gift that keeps on giving.
2. The ACM Honors were held this week, with special tributes to honorees and winners of awards that are not included in the yearly broadcast of the ACM Awards. This years event was held at the famous Ryman Auditorium (original home to The Opry), and featured performers like Jake Owen, Justin Moore, Kacey Musgraves, Kelly Clarkson, and more. But the highlight of the evening was when a pregnant Carrie Underwood took home the Gene Weed Special Achievement Award, and broke down in tears on stage, unable to finish her speech. It was endearing and adorably funny at the very same time. Check out the video from her speech below. For a list of all Award recipients check out ACM’s website.
3. Up-and-coming star, Sam Hunt, is gaining even more traction throughout the industry, seemingly positioning himself as the next crossover star. He was featured this week on BuzzFeed, in a massive interview that most certainly gained him attention he may not have seen otherwise. Don’t forget, you can check out Sam Hunt on Kip Moore’s Up In Smoke Tour this fall.
4. Miranda Lambert is known for diving into new ventures that aren’t necessarily musically focused, but they’re all just as successful as her platinum selling records. She’s done it again with the opening of her new B&B, The Ladysmith, located in her adopted town of Tishomingo, OK. The B&B is a gorgeous, eclectic inn that reflects Miranda’s own personal, quirky style. I’m not in OK…. ever, but this makes me want to stop and take a visit. Rates start at $200-350 for a one night stay. See more here.
5. Country Music was out in full force at this years Fashion Rocks event in New York City, NY. The event, which celebrates the relationship between
fashion and music, featured artists from across a plethora of different genres, including Jennifer Hudson, Usher, Rita Ora, and Pitbull. But, with country growing into a more fashion forward genre, it was so great to see so many of our artists featured. Including Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan, and The Band Perry. Every single one stepped out looking stunning in cutting edge looks. With the exception of Luke, who left that up to his stunning wife.