It’s been a great week for country music, with lots of new releases, album cover reveals, and sneak peaks. So, here’s a quick list of some of the more notable moments that you might have missed.
1. Brad Paisley released the music video for his 2nd single “Perfect Storm,” off his new album “Moonshine In The Trunk.” The song, which has already climbed to the top 20 on the charts, comes with a literal interpretation of a storm as Paisley plays in the pouring rain. Even better than that is the way he allowed his fans to engage in the video itself, asking them to submit pictures of them in a t-shirt, which are featured throughout the video. Are you featured?? Let us know!
2. If there’s one album we’re all anticipating next week, it’s The Swon Brothers debut release. Fans can get a sneak peak at the album by heading over to Amazon Live’s exclusive stream of the record. You can find that here. Then make sure to come back and tell us what your favorite song is!
3. While doing promo for the new film “Best of Me” (which has a superstar packed country music soundtrack), James Marsden treated listeners of the Ryan Seacrest show to an impromptu serenade of Garth Brook’s “Friends In Low Places.” Apparently making Lady Antebellum’s Charles Kelly jealous in the process, as the group was there to support the film and the release of their new album 747. Do we see a country crossover happening some time soon? Only time will tell. You can see the video below!
4. The Zac Brown Band announced this week that they will be releasing a greatest hits album called “Greatest Hits So Far…” on November 10th, 2014. Fans can pre-order this album on iTunes now.
5. RS Country released their fall 2014 10 Artists You Need to Know and included some of our favorites on the list. Most notably Joel Crouse, Kalleigh Bannen, and Cannan Smith; just to name a few of the amazing artists that are coming out of Nashville right now. Be sure to head on over to check out their list and give each artist a listen. Everyone featured deserves their moment in the spotlight, and we’re excited to see that they’re on Rolling Stones radar.