There were so many great moments at last nights 48th Annual CMA Awards. Whether it was Carrie Underwood in her glamourous maternity wear or Luke Bryan nearly falling out of his seat laughing, it was full of a ton of hits and some near misses. Miranda Lambert was the doll of the evening, taking home 5 statues for her 2014 Platinum album. While Dierks Bentley and Keith Urban both went home empty handed despite the success of both of their recent album. Not to mention Kip Moore losing out to Brett Eldredge for Best New Artist, which I’ll be honest, I found a little baffling. I’ve seen both guys live and that decision didn’t make any sense to me. If you didn’t get a chance to catch the show, you can view the full list of winners here.
In usual fashion, I made a list of some of my favorite moments at the CMA Awards. From performances to comedy bits to award winners. I think I touched a little of everything.
1. Brad Paisley inadvertently (or completely on purpose) revealing that Carrie Underwood is have a boy. A BABY BOY FISHERWOOD. It’s perfect.
2. Kacey Musgraves & Loretta Lynn bringing real country to the stage for a truly memorable performance.
3. Luke Bryan and his beautiful wife actually CRYING on national television when he won Entertainer of the Year. This is why I can’t stop loving him.
4. The Band Perry’s beautiful cover of Glen Campbell’s Gentle On My Mind. I like Kimberly so much more when she’s soft and subtle like she was on this song. Not to mention the mandolin and violin, it’s the perfect storm to put me right into a music coma.
5. Brad Paisley literally spilling cheetos everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. I felt bad for the janitorial crew that had to sweep that up in the dark.
6. You knew this was going to be here… Carrie Underwood performing Something In The Water like the vocal goddess that she is. When the choir stepped out from the curtain of fog/water I nearly had a damn heart attack. It was beautiful and she looked so happy and it was just amazing.
7. Vince Gill. Vince Gill. Vince Gill. I cried. He cried. Everyone was crying. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house when he won the iconic Irving Waugh Award of Excellence.
Did I miss one of your favorite moments? Let me know what you loved or hated in the comments below or by tweeting me @JukeboxMixtape.