I’m not going to lie to you, the first week of the Barre3 Challenge wasn’t exactly easy (not that I thought it was going to be). It was my first time ever even attempting a Barre class, and it was so much more than I expected to be. The muscles it targets are specific, and you know you’ve worked them right the next day when things hurt that have never hurt before. For instance, the side of my butt has been hurting all week, and those are definitely muscles I’ve never felt before.
As hard as the workouts were, the biggest challenge for me this week was the food. With shows to review and birthday parties around every corner, there’s literally every kind of temptation in my face. This week I gave in more than I should have (how could I not have that glass of wine or three with my co-workers after a long hard day?). Well, I could have. But I didn’t. And though I’m not beating myself up about it, I am committed to do better this week.
I did manage to make some really delicious recipes last week and I wanted to share a few with you. Thank you to the blogs and amazing people on Pinterest that allow me to discover good, whole food I can munch on throughout the week. I discovered some amazing recipes because of the big bad internet. Be sure to follow me on Pinterest to see some of the recipes I’m diving into this week! See below for a glimpse of some of my snacks this week.
- I didn’t have any lettuce or pineapple so I mixed this up a bit by using a few more goodies like tomatoes and red peppers. It was actually really good that way.
- I’m also not a huge fan of crazy salad dressing after doing IQS, so I just mixed olive oil, a bit of apple cider vinegar, lemon, salt and pepper. It came out tasty enough for me but not overwhelming.
Turkey, Avocado, & Pepper Salad
This is my own recipe that I just sort of threw together, but really loved. I thought I’d share it with you just in case any of you are huge salad freaks like I am and love to try some new mixes. Once again, totally spaced on buying the greens this week, so I had to be innovative. I totally spaced on taking a picture of this because it was just too good, but I’ll make it again and add one.
- 4 slices of sliced turkey breast, cut in slivers.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- A sprinkle of shredded cheese of your choice
- Dressing: A 1/2 TBS of Olive Oil, 1/4 of a lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles – Just a Taste
- Didn’t even touch this one. It’s everything I love about food.
Did you join the Barre3 Challenge? How was your first week? What was your favorite thing to snack on?